Monday, May 25, 2009

Baby Poems

I think I am just feeling mushy and emotional because while looking for a sweet poem to put into a picture frame with Makenzie's ultrasound picture I found these and loved them too! I have had two friends have their babies in the last two weeks and it makes me wish is was September 26th already! The first two are poems that I am going to put in her baby book or maybe paint on a canvas and the last one is the one we put in a frame with the sonogram photo. 


I Am Not Alone

Running errands and talking on the phone,

I am pleasantly reminded that I am not alone.

Little tiny hands a precious rounded knee

pushing and twisting that no one can see.

Oh, sweet child kicking up your heels,

it is our little secret that only I can feel.

I look forward to your birth,

when I can kiss your skin,

but for now I will just smile,

As I feel you play within.


Baby's First Picture

My precious little baby

I have loved you from the start.

You are a tiny miracle

laying closely to my heart.

Each day I feel your presence,

each day you quickly grow.

Each day your heart beats softly,

as only I could know.

So I’ll keep this in a special place,

and remember each year through,

of this very special time of life,

the months I carried you.


Baby's First Picture

We treasure this first glimpse of you,

the amazing miracle of life is true.

So small, yet awesome in what you’ll become,

grow strong and healthy our little one.

We are here, dreaming and waiting,

wishing, preparing and anticipating.

Each day a step closer to life anew,

each day a touch closer to holding you.

0 comments: