Friday, October 2, 2009

25% oxygen

Just a quick update: At 5am Makenzie was still on 40% oxygen, when Alex went to see her at 10am she was down to 25%. People usually breath 21% oxygen normally. This is an answer to prayer for sure but more is needed. They will continue to monitor her in the NICU and watch her while blood cell count to see if she is getting any infection. They have started her on antibiotics already as a precautionary measure. My doctor came to see me today and I am still scheduled to go home on Saturday morning but no word on Makenzie yet.


Funny stories: Right after I delivered the doctor handed Makenzie off to the nurse and they were working on her and the nurse turned around and said "he is doing good, hear him cry" I remember saying "What! Did you just say he?" and my doctor quickly correcting the nurse and assuring me that Makenzie was a she! THEN after a while and they moved me to the recovery room, which was dramatic enough because I had just left Makenzie at the NICU but then there was a stinky blue bow on the door! Our friend and nurse Sheila took that down ASAP and told them it was a girl so to bring a pink bow, but we didn't get one all night last night and this morning there was still no bow :o( but just now when Alex came back into the room he said there was a pink bow!!!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Yay for the pink bow! Im so happy she is progressing!