Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oh My Blog....

Oh My Blog....How I have missed you the last few days!



It has been a fast few days around here though and my computer didn't come out of my hospital bag until this morning. But since my last post Makenzie has improved 100000%, She is ate more at the hospital, breathed at the rate she was supposed to and left on Tuesday morning around 11 o'clock with a clean bill of health! While we are on the topic of hospitals, I knew going into Round Rock Hospital that some/many people had told me to deliver somewhere else, Round Rock was bad, blah blah blah. I obviously delivered there anyway and now looking back I would not have had it any other way! The labor and deliver portion of the event was great, the nurses were great, I liked my doctor, and everyone was nice to Alex and I (It might have helped that we knew one of the nurses. It was great to have Sheila on our side!) The nurses in the NICU were also fabulous! They kept us informed but they also kept the mood positive and happy. I felt so much better about leaving Makenzie with fun, happy, positive nurses.

Since we have been home Makenzie is doing sooooo good! She sleeps for about 8 between 10 pm and 8 am. She woke up to eat 3 times and then goes right back to bed! It's been good so far, probably just jinxed myself though :o) Last night we tried the whole bath thing! It was not successful...oops! She was really really unhappy with the idea of being naked and wet, she was also hungry. She had just slept for 4 hours and hadn't ate before the bath extravaganza. Oh well...lesson learned. Next bath I am going to try to keep her half covered with with a warm washcloth and see if she likes that any better.


Her swing stopped working this morning :o( sad story! I am about to get dressed and take it back to target without the box and I'm sure that it will be a great adventure! I read the reviews and a lot of people wrote how the motor stopped working :O(

Also, Mak has a doctor appointment today at 2. I have a list with 3 questions on it, I'm not good about asking doctors questions usually, so a list is my attempt at remembering!


0 comments: