Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 1 of Baby Bow Extravaganza!


These are called 'Tuxedo Bows" and by the end of this extravaganza I will be a pro! The challenge here is that they are so small! I love that they are just simple and I can make them in a ton of different colors and patterns.

This is a light purple and light pink silk daisy that I cut the stem off of and just glued the flower peddles back together. After that dried I added the rhinestone and "M" button respectively. The flowers were sadly not on sale at Hobby Lobby this week so these (and the orange one) were $1.68 each.
These two flowers are a bit different than the two above. They were in the scrapbooking section of Hobby Lobby and were really just embellished paper brads. They were $2.99 for both flowers. The headband is one that we had in my bathroom but that is what a Gaspy hat and headband looks like, kind of a crochet pattern but they are stretchy also. Next to these flowers was a bucket that was $9.99 and it was full of daisy peddles that I could mix and match to make more Gaspy flowers. That is going to be my next purchase for bows when I gear up for round two of bow making.....that will not be for a while after Makenzie comes and I know more of what she likes and will put up with on her head!



Makenzie is going to looooooove Halloween just as much as me! We are going to have a Halloween week!!!

I made 3 Halloween little hair clips. The first is a girly ghost with googly eyes! The second is a clip that says 'Halloween', and the third is just orange with a spider web and spider and 2 baby candy corns! The strip of ribbon next to it is going to be a pacifier clip. I need to get the suspender clip and a velcro dot. The clips were all pretty easy to make and they cost way less than the $5.00 a pair I saw this week at a baby boutique. The pacifier clip was super simple and easy to make, I had the button pieces left over in the bag and just hot glued them on a ribbon. My thought on this is that, even though I glued the pieces on very carefully and securely they could still fall off with the extra movement.
This is the flower that I made for the Gaspy hat or headband we got. I just bought a black headband and cap and a white headband and cap for right now. All of the flowers (or clips for that matter) clip onto the band or hat and are way fun and too cute!

PS: I am aware that all of this hoopla is just for show and will only last about as long as the pictures can be taken but at least I'm prepared for that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are getting quite creative with all of your time. You are going to be a great mother; Makenzie is very lucky!

Mrs. Bierschenk said...

Love your bows!!!!! I'm inspired to make some for my niece to be and my current niece!! I feel Christmas presents coming on!!!